Six of Cumbria’s lakes have made it into a top 10 of the most popular, according to social media platform Instagram – with the top spot going to Windermere.
CarMoney analysed hashtags from Instagram for 45 of the UK’s most popular lakes, lochs and reservoirs and compiled the top 10.
Bassenthwaite Lake is technically the only lake in the Lake District, but its meres and waters are described as lakes by the millions of people who visit the area.
Has Instagram got it right? What’s your favourite lake, mere or water in the Lake District?
Send us your photos and views to [email protected]
Here are the list of lakes, lochs, meres and waters in the UK that are proving popular on Instagram:
- Windermere – #windermere 747,991
2. Loch Lomond – #lochlomond 462,888
3. Loch Ness – #lochness 415,615
4. Ullswater – #ullswater 132,937
5. Derwentwater – #derwentwater 128,748
6. Buttermere – #buttermere 72,316 posts
7. Ladybower Reservoir – #ladybowerreservoir 32,466
8. Wastwater – #wastwater 30,046
9. Loweswater – #loweswater 10,134
10. Malham Tarn – #malhamtarn 6,433