Calling young artists and nature detectives in Keswick and surrounding villages. Could you draw or paint a picture, stitch or build a model of the insects and minibeasts you can find in your garden?
The Keswick volunteers group (Keswick Community Emergency Response Partnership – KCERP) would love to see your windows filled with pictures of bees, butterflies and spiders and other minibeasts. Or if you feel like being creative with scrap materials, create a woodlouse or millipede, make a nature diary or an insect mobile.
- The competition has been planned by the KCERP Zone Coordinators in partnership with Keswick Lions Club.
- Keswick Lions Club will be providing prizes for all age groups, from 0-18 years.
- The KCERP Street Wardens will be looking out for your art, or you can share a photo of your work on the Keswick Lions Facebook page
- The Street Wardens will choose their favourite pieces at the end of May
- You can enter as many times as you like. Let’s get Keswick Buzzing.
Zone Coordinator Diane Cannon, who is also a member of Keswick Lions, said: “We hope that children of all ages will get involved, and make the most of the time that they have in their gardens and outside spaces. Keswick Lions members are looking forward to seeing the art and design work, as are the Street Wardens. The Lions club will be purchasing the prizes from local businesses in the near future.”